A new gig!

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I'm so delighted to be joining the Scraptastic Club as a designer and keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep up with the amazing standard set by the uber talented group of existing designers. After having almost six months of craft room neglect I feel as though I have so much to catch up with and also to find my 'groove' again. I never realised just how rusty I would feel.

And now to share my very first 'official' design team layout using the Darlene Kit and Darlene Add On...


Mr Wilson having his fifteen minutes of fame.


I was immediately drawn to the feather stencils from the main kit and played around with different ways to use them. In the end I went with a basic technique of using the stencils as a template to hand- draw the feathers using a fine marker. I was actually really pleased with the effect... even if I had to do it twice as I completely goofed the first attempt.


Truly loved the ephemera from the Simple Stories I Am Bits & Pieces and really had to restrain myself from plastering my entire page with birds and flowers.


I'm looking forward to getting the mojo back and to sharing more designs from the Scraptastic Club Kits.
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Melinda..as ever, as always. Full of love & feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm sure you'll be absolutely FINE if this page is anything to go by....stunning! Love the feather stencil, too:):) And CONGRATULATIONS! THeir kits are amazing...it's the shipping that's the killer out to OZ.....as per usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! A great fit for you, can't wait to see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Melinda, your work is always gorgeous and I am sure they feel blessed to have you as a part of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, another great page as well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you're on the team too!! I'm sure all of your projects will be amazing! Love this page and adore what you did with the template!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! I want your kitty...He's such a pretty boy & he would go perfectly with my pretty boy. ;) So happy to see you getting back in your scrappy groove--You always inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete